HEC Announces Fully-Funded International Scholarship Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has announced fully funded scholarships for Pakistani students to study at the level of Diploma, bachelor’s, master’s, and Ph.D. in the Kingdom. Students residing in Pakistan and legal residents of the Kingdom both can apply for these scholarships.
Procedure to Apply for Scholarships
- For instruction in URDU please click here.
- Students must apply directly on the respective Saudi university website/ online portal.
- Each university has its own eligibility criteria and application time frame. Students need to consult the website for the eligibility criteria of each discipline/course /university.
- The scholarships are offered for diplomas, bachelor’s, master’s, and Ph.D. Level.
- These scholarships are offered for almost all disciplines, political science, Law, Education, Administration, Economics, Engineering, computer science, Agriculture, Arabic/ Islamic studies, and Media sciences.
- These scholarships are offered by 25 universities in the Kingdom as given below.
- Each university is authorized to enroll only 5 percent of international students except Princess Noor Binte Abdul Rehman university for girls, Riyadh, and Jamia Islamia Madinah Munawara. Princess Noor Binte Abdul Rehman University’s admission percentage for girls, Riyadh on scholarship is 8 percent, whereas Jamia Islamia Madinah Munawara grants admission on scholarships 85 percent of total seats.
- University will forward the application to the Saudi Ministry of education which decides the final award of scholarships to eligible applicants.
- Applicants should share a copy of the submitted application on the official email of the embassy of Pakistan, Riyadh Pahrepriyad@mofa.gov.pk for follow-up with the Ministry of Education, Saudi Arabia, and respective universities for grant of scholarships.
- The applicant must be a Pakistani or AJK national.
- 75 percent of students will be awarded scholarships from Pakistan. Whereas 25 percent scholarships will be given to Pakistani students residing in the Kingdom.
- Male and females both can apply for these scholarships.
- The applicant should be between 17 to 25 years for Bachelor’s program, must be below 30 years for the Master’s program, and less than 35 for the Ph.D. program on the closing date of the application portal of the respective university.
- The selected applicants will join the respective program in September /October each year in Saudi Arabia.
- The applicant must not be holding any other scholarship at the time of availing Saudi scholarship.
- The applicant must not have any criminal record.
- The applicant must not have been suspended from any educational institution on disciplinary or any other valid grounds.
- Any other requirement set by the respective Saudi University or Saudi Government.
Benefits of Scholarship
- The scholarship covers free lodging.
- 03 months furnishing allowance on arrival in KSA for married scholars.
- Return air ticket.
- Free medical for the students and his/her family, if married.
- 3 Months graduation allowance for shipment of books.
- Subsidized meals at the campus.
- Sports & recreational activities on the campus, support for dependents, and travel expenses.
- Monthly allowance, a monthly allowance of 900 Saudi Riyal (SR) will be given to science students and 850 SR to humanities students.
List of universities
Applicants are advised to visit their respective university websites for admission details low:
|S. No.||Name of universities||Website|
|5.||Imam Muhammad ibn Saud Islamic university||www.iu.edu.sa|
|6.||Kind Saud university||www.ksu.edu.sa|
|7.||King Abdul Aziz university||www.kau.edu.sa|
|8.||Hafar al Batin university||www.uhb.edu.sa|
|9.||King Faisal university||www.kfu.edu.sa|
|10.||King Khalid university||www.portal.kku.edu.sa|
|16.||Al Jouf university||www.ju.edu.sa|
|17.||Al Baha university||www.prtal.bu.edu.sa|
|20.||Northern border university||www.nbu.edu.sa|
|21.||Princess Nora university||www.pnu.edu.sa|
|22.||Imam Abdulrahman university||www.iau.edu.sa|
|23.||Prince Sattam bin Abdual Aziz university||www.psau.edu.sa|
EC has only announced this scholarship program received through diplomatic channels. Potential applicants are advised to apply online on the websites of Saudi universities and forward the downloaded application form to the Pakistani embassy, Riyadh Pahrepriyad@mofa.gov.pk for follow-up with the Ministry of Education, Saudi Arabia for grant of scholarships. All related queries for the subject program shall directly be asked from the respective Saudi university.